Software Development Manager-21000WFLPreferred Qualifications
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
The Oracle Global Business Unit (GBU) is in the process of designing & developing a suite of applications using Oracle APEX and other cutting edge technologies. As we grow out our development teams, we are in need of a development manager to lead a team of Oracle APEX developers.
We're looking for a dynamic leaders who is both detail & security oriented to help lead one of the best & brightest teams of APEX developers. Ideally, this individual will have a mixed background of both development (5-10+ years) and management (5+ years), with management being the most recent career skillset. The ideal candidate should also have some experience with either working with or managing developers who work with Oracle, as some of the responsibilities will include technical code & architecture reviews. Experience with Oracle APEX and Oracle Cloud is a bonus, but not required.
These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. The right leader for this role will make all the difference for our organization, our product, and our customers. Are you able to provide direction and structure for your teams? Do you enjoy mentoring engineers? Are you able to take feedback and learn from engineers and leaders across a large organization? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to be an integral part of a truly great team? Come join us!
Candidate responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership, direction and strategy to the Software Engineering team.
- Delivering large scale project on-time with high quality and attention to detail and focus on security
- Manage developer progress and provide guidance / assistance as needed
- Coordinate with product team to evaluate, estimate and validate requirements
- Coordinate with other development team leads & management
- At least 10 years of development experience with a strong software development background
- At least 5 years experience as a manager of individual contributors
- Experience with cloud infrastructure components & services; OCI a plus, but not required
- Experience with DevOPS processes & procedures
- Strong knowledge of PL/SQL; knowledge of Oracle APEX a plus
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals
- Experience in public safety, public administration or other state & local government a plus
- Experience working with Agile development frameworks
- Experience with working remote
- Understanding of advanced relational database concepts, including physical and logical database design
- Experience with Jira & Confluence a plus
Experience in managing the development of SaaS product stacks a plus.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire