Security Analyst 4-21000W40Preferred Qualifications
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Who we are ?
Oracle Managed Security Services offer a comprehensive portfolio of security solutions delivered as a service, including identity and access management, compliance support solutions. Our customers can rely on our expertise in PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, ITAR, FedRAMP, and FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and Good Practices (GxP), to assist them on their compliance journey, leveraging services designed to help protect data and critical applications on customer premises and in Oracle Cloud (OCI), while better addressing or maintaining regulatory or internal compliance requirements. An example of these services are:
- Vulnerability assessment services that can help provide clear visibility of the risks and vulnerabilities that could impact a customer’s data security;
- Services that help with data protection, including encryption, data masking, database vault, and web-application firewall;
- Single sign-on (SSO), identity governance, and identity-management services;
- OCI security products like Cloud Guard and Data Safe
Our goal is to drive Managed Security Services adoption in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) / Hybrid Cloud for our customers. We accelerate this by showcasing the prowess of Oracle’s cloud technology as well as our valued added engineering solutions that provide highly differentiated service experience to our customers in cloud.
Do you like to work in Information Security products?
Do you see a boredom in a regular work?
Are you excited to lead generational shift from Onprem to Hybrid to Pure Cloud?
Are you excited to do things in a simpler way?
Do you love talking to your customer & want to see how you are influencing customer life though Customer 1st experience?
If your answer is “yes” then we are searching for a STAR like you!
What you would be doing as Security Account Manager (SAM):
The SAM’s role comprises the following primary activities:
- Presentation of the report and the underlying detail to customer contact points, who could be at technical level or higher management / Cxx level;
- Project management of the technical aspects of the implementation of security products (e.g. encryption, Web Application Firewall, Data Vaulting etc…).
- You will be working in a true globalized organization with widespread talented teams across technology domains in OCI Organizations.
- Opportunity to work in OCI (Gen 2 Oracle Cloud)
What you bring:
SAMs must therefore possess both technical and customer management skills in order to be able to achieve these tasks. These skills would comprise:
- Linux – basic navigation and script running skills essential, elementary O.S analysis and script writing skills ideal;
- Windows – basic navigation and script running skills essential;
- Oracle – knowledge of the components of Oracle infrastructure and their relationship essential, very elementary DBA skills ideal;
- Nessus – ability to interpret data essential; being able to adapt and suggest optimization for scans ideal;
- Contracts – an elementary understanding of cloud contracts, being able to interpret the same, essential.
- You have comprehensive knowledge working in a previous IT security related role.
- Understanding of the key concepts of Cloud Computing is essential.
- CISSP certification, or similar, is valued for the role however candidates will also be considered who have a sound and demonstrable knowledge of the principles involved in such certifications.
What We offer You:
- A great opportunity to work in cutting edge technologies in Information Security;
- A multi-faceted job with a broad spectrum of responsibilities;
- A great workplace for YOU to succeed;
- A range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Must be self-starter and operate independently in minimal supervision;
- Shows strong collaboration skill within / outside of team;
- Should have excellent written and verbal skills;
- Experience working with globally distributed team is preferred;
- Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance;
- Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things;
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs.
Develops and executes programs and processes to reduce information security risk and strengthen Oracle’s security posture.
Supports the strengthening of Oracle’s security posture, focusing on one or more of the following: risk management; regulatory compliance; threat and vulnerability management; incident management and response; security policy development and enforcement; privacy; information security education, training and awareness (ISETA); digital forensics and similar focus areas. Risk Management: Brings advanced level skills to assess the information security risk associated with existing and proposed business operational programs, systems, applications, practices and procedures in very complex, business-critical environments. May conduct and document very complex information security risk assessments. May assist in the creation and implementation of security solutions and programs. Regulatory Compliance: Brings advanced level skills to manage programs to establish, document and track compliance to industry and government standards and regulations, e.g. ISO-27001, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FedRAMP, GDPR, etc. Researches and interprets current and pending governmental laws and regulations, industry standards and customer and vendor contracts to communicate compliance requirements to the business. Participates in industry forums monitoring developments in regulatory compliance. Threat and Vulnerability Management: Brings advanced level skills to research, evaluate, track, and manage information security threats and vulnerabilities in situations where in-depth analysis of ambiguous information is required. Incident Management and response: Brings advanced level skills to respond to security events, identifying possible intrusions and responding in line with Oracle incident response playbooks. May operate as Incident Commander on serious incidents. Digital Forensics: Brings advanced level skills to conduct data collection, preservation and forensic analysis of digital media independently, where an advanced understanding of forensic techniques is required. Other areas of focus may include duties providing advanced level skills and knowledge to manage Information Security Education, Training and Awareness programs. In a Corporate Security role, may manage the creation, review and approval of corporate information security policies. Mentors and trains other team members. Compiles information and reports for management.
Minimum of 8 years experience in information systems, business operations, or related fields, at least 5 years of which must be from at least one of the following: Information security risk management; information security program management; Industry/Government security compliance program management (ISO-27001, GDPR, HIPAA, FedRamp, etc.); threat and vulnerability management; incident management and response; security policy development and enforcement; privacy, information security education, training and awareness (ISETA), information security solutions development, etc. required. Strong knowledge of: Cloud architecture and security principles. Risk Management Frameworks. *nix and Windows system administration. Experience with: Logging and log analysis. Identity management principles and technology. Preferred but not required qualifications include: Bachelor-level university degree in a relevant field from an accredited university, or equivalent. CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP or other equivalent certification. Comprehensive knowledge of security design for networks, databases, infrastructure, and cloud computing. Experience writing security incident and vulnerability reports for leadership and other stakeholders. Ability to effectively communicate and influence secure product and network design in a collaborative environment. Comprehensive knowledge of digital forensics. Strong knowledge of web technologies, middleware, database, OS, firewalls, network communication protocols and methods. Knowledge of encryption technologies and architectures. Expert level experience in evaluating and assessing security threats across a variety of environments and industries. Expert level understanding of secure networking principles, routers, switches and load balancers.
Job: Information Security Engineering
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Other Locations: Australia
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire