QA Director-21000VZBPreferred Qualifications
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
About the job
- Director, Quality Assurance
- Melbourne CBD
We are looking for a Director of Quality Assurance to join Oracle/Aconex in Melbourne. You will be growing the most widely used online collaboration platform in the world for Construction, Infrastructure, and Energy and Resources projects. You will be defining the QA strategy and approach for Aconex and be ultimately responsible for ensuring product quality.
This role requires strategic thinking and planning and provide expertise throughout the entire product development life cycle with a strong sense of quality ownership making sure that quality is baked in from the start.
We expect you to have a proven track record of building QA teams, managing the function and direction of the QA teams. You will provide regular direction, mentoring, and coaching to QA team members, grow team responsibilities and ensure team happiness.
We are strong believers in automation and continuous delivery. We aspire to have all provisioning and deployment, from CI through to production, fully automated. You will provide technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques across the teams, work with QA managers, Development Managers and DevOps team to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed organisation quality goals.
Does this sound like you (or the Engineering Leader you aspire to become)?
- QA Management experience across multiple projects across distributed teams.
- Be a strong leader with experience in implementing and shaping the organisation’s QA processes and strategies.
- Have a strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation, ideally in a continuous delivery environment.
- Strong communication skills with all key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly.
- Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification and Risked Based Testing.
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- Lead lean and agile ways of working, promote, foster high standards in software delivery process.
- Excellent communicator, influencing skills and negotiation skills to get management buy-in on ideas and concepts.
- Proactive, open-minded, quick thinker and assertive.
Why Oracle / Aconex?
The Construction & Engineering GBU provides an end-to-end offering for project management and delivery that enables customers to effectively plan, build, and operate construction projects.
Here are some highlights regarding our business…
- We are serving the $9 trillion construction industry which is a leading driver for world's GDP
- The CEGBU is its own global business unit, so it has the feel of a start-up company, and we enjoy the backing and brand name recognition that goes along with being part of Oracle and we've consistently delivered double digit growth for the last several years.
- We have invested in acquiring and integrating industry leading solutions including the world leader in scheduling, Primavera Systems, construction payment management solution, Textura for $663M and the best construction document collaboration cloud company, Aconex for $1.2B
- We are making investments in new people, process, and technology in our exciting new growth strategy
- Oracle has great training, excellent benefits and offers strong earnings potential
...and we're a great place to work. Not only is the CEGBU a strong business with a solid product engineering team, we're in the CBD surrounded by cafes and bars, and close to both Flagstaff and Southern Cross Station.
Life at Oracle ANZ:
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to take on new roles and challenges, while blending work and life. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry. To cultivate the talent that makes this happen, we work hard to create a vibrant and rewarding workplace that celebrates diverse, multi-talented teams where everyone can contribute. We take care of each other, and value giving back to the community. We have flexible work arrangements and offer benefits including generous paid parental leave and comprehensive premium medical insurance.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Responsible for a team that develops, applies and maintains quality standards for company products with adherence to both internal and external standards. Develops and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results. Analyzes test results and recommends corrective actions.
As a manager in the technical/process QA division, you will lead a team that designs, installs and evaluates quality control methods and systems. You will also develop standards and procedures to provide quality guidance and methods.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations is important. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of quality assurance. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire