Location:LOC7040 : Ground Floor, 10 Ferntree Place, Notting Hill VIC 3168, Australia
Are you an experienced Software Engineer looking for an exciting new role in the cutting edge fire and security field? Carrier Fire & Security is a leading name in innovative security systems, our ongoing goal is to provide reliable and intuitive products that meet existing and future security needs.
You will use cutting-edge technology and best practices in the development of security products. The position requires close coordination within the engineering team.
- Be a member of the design and development team responsible for the creation of complete and comprehensive product features
- Design software modules of the application and implement them based on the functional specification of the product and the architecture design documents
- Develop, maintain, and communicate, project plans
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science to author well structured, extensible, client/server applications, DLLs, and custom controls
- Create installation scripts for new applications, and software upgrades
- Work closely with QA to ensure high product reliability
- Manage software version control system
- Support and maintain existing software based applications
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued process improvement
First and foremost we are looking for enthusiasm and commitment as well as a creative thinker who has experience in this field.
- University degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of related industry experience
- Experience working on web based interfaces / GUI. Programming with Java / PHP / Linux / Angular
- A background working with databases in SQL
- Experience with OS such as Redhat and / or Ubuntu
- Demonstrate ability to produce results on complex projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to drive program deliverables and identify and resolve technical and program issues
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work as part of a development team
In addition to working with a highly talented development team we offer excellent career development opportunities and benefits. We pride ourselves on ensuring a friendly and welcoming team environment. Apply now to find out how you can grow your career with Carrier Fire and Security Products!
“We believe in diversity and inclusion and welcome applicants from different backgrounds. This includes First Nations people, people with disability, LGBTIQA+ and all cultural and language backgrounds”
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice