Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchison Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited. TPG Telecom has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and felix. As the second largest telecommunications company listed on the ASX, TPG Telecom has a strong challenger spirit and a commitment to delivering the best services and products to our customers. We are driving competition and choice for businesses and consumers across Australia.
The role is for a Corporate and Commercial Lawyer to join the TPG Telecom Legal Team. Primarily responsible for providing support and service to the Marketing, Digital and Service business units with a focus on contract review, support for product development/releases, advice on consumer, advertising & privacy law, and review of marketing materials and sales collateral. As a trusted adviser to key stakeholders within the business, you will anticipate legal and regulatory issues, and seek to effect pragmatic customer-focussed solutions to achieve desired business outcomes.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Contract review, drafting and advice.
- Provision of general consumer, privacy, IP, Spam, advertising law advice.
- Reviewing and advising in respect of collateral and advertising .
- Mentor paralegal and more junior lawyers who also conduct advertising review.
- Preparing product, offer and competition terms and conditions.
- Key legal contact on specific marketing, sponsorship and device launches .
- Identify and escalate legal risks and provide related risk management advice.
- Providing strategic advice and risk analysis for key areas of TPG.
- Delivering to TPG timely, creative and commercially astute strategic legal advice and support of a professional level, that is cost-effective and directly aligned to TPG’s operational and strategic plans.
- Building effective relationships and positively influencing TPG and key TPG stakeholders by acting in a manner closely aligned to TPG’s values.
What We Need
- Law degree.
- 3-5 years post admission experience.
- Strong contract negotiation and drafting skills.
- Proficiency in privacy, advertising, intellectual property and general consumer law.
- Strong communicator.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Strong intellect, well-developed analytical and conceptual skills.
- Able to work autonomously, employ initiative to find solutions, prioritise and exercise discretion.
- Proficiency in applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams.
- Ability to clearly communicate and use persuasive strategies within TPG, with partners, suppliers and other external stakeholders.
- Self-motivation and persistence in seeking improvements to existing practices for the benefit of TPG.
- Ability to galvanise commitment and action in a very busy environment.
- Well-organised and excellent planning skills, particularly the ability to set clear priorities, monitor and achieve specified outcomes.
- Genuine team player with excellent relationship-building skills.
- Enthusiastic, efficient and emotionally resilient.
- Proactive, positive and innovative.
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible hybrid way of working (from home and office).
- ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan.
- ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – Access to a free NBN 100 plan.
- ‘Your Leave’ - an additional 4 days of leave to be used whenever you like, each year.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and Vodafone Learning platforms.
- Access to Corporate Partner Discounts.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative workspace that helps drive innovation.
Interested? We are excited to hear from you!