About BHPAt BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the roleAs an Electrical Technical Officer, you are required to ensure compliance with all network, bridging, electrical, engineering, control systems standards and procedures.
Responsibilities will include
- Ownership of control systems change requests and management of change for maintenance tasks
- Design, integrate and implement logic in GE Fanuc and Allen Bradley PLC’s using Proficy and RSlogix5000
- Updating FTAC where required
- Configuration, monitoring and tuning of VVVF’s, electrical equipment and instrumentation
- Assisting in PLC and control systems hardware configuration and replacement
- Maintaining a high profile in the promotion of safe working conditions and practices so as to ensure a safe working environment for all employees and contractors. Show leadership in Take 5s, Field Leadership Activities, Safety Meetings & JHAs
- Operating within an established maintenance management system, your key focus will be to promote a high level of team interaction and coordination when on breakdowns, investigations and general tasks
- Identification and rectification of systemic issues within all process control systems and plant
The roster will either be Residential or FIFO on a 4 days, 4 nights, 8 off roster in Port Hedland which is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
About YouYou will have the following:
- Electrical WA ‘A’ grade license or equivalent electrical engineering qualification
- Technical knowledge of PLCs (AB & GE), VVVFs (Siemens), networks, instrumentation, HV/LV motors and Citect systems
- The ability to work methodically and remain calm and focused in a busy and dynamic work environment
- Strong practical experience in developing and leading maintenance planning and scheduling
- Experience in the mining or heavy industry sectors is essential
- Working knowledge of computer based planning systems and packages, and extensive knowledge of SAP
Supporting a diverse workforceAt BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Reference 97855#LIWA